IHSE’s Draco ultra DP 1.1 is a 4K DisplayPort KVM extender with a 30Hz refresh rate and full color depth. The device constitutes a new generation of digital KVM signal extension using the innovative Lightweight Image (LICI) codec, developed in cooperation with Fraunhofer IIS. This revolutionary coding technology ensures brilliant image quality at the highest video resolutions with outstanding color accuracy.
The new 490 Series Draco ultra DP extender allows the operation of CPUs from a remotely located workstation including DisplayPort monitor, keyboard and pointing device over a single duplex fiber. Transfer of fully-digital video is supported in 4K resolutions up to 4096 x 2160 and 3840 x 2160 at 30-Hz refresh rate and full color depth (24 bit, 4:4:4).
- DisplayPort 1.2+ Keyboard + Mouse fiber extender
- Up to UHD (3840x2160@30Hz) and DCI (4096x2160@30Hz)
- 24 bit, 4:4:4 (Deep Color Ready)
- Lossless transmission with no delay or frame drops
- Diagnostic LED’s for quick view of operation status
- Compact size for clutter-free cabling
- Connect as point-to-point or use as part of a large matrix system
- Options include analog audio, USB 2.0e, RS-232, RS-422
The KVM extender also supports audio transmission via the DisplayPort interface. This eliminates the need for additional audio modules, enabling playback of the audio signal on monitors with integrated loudspeakers. Integration of optional Draco vario upgrade modules for digital audio input and output as well as data signals, such as USB 2.0 and RS232 is also possible.
Integration of Fraunhofer IIS’s lightweight coding technology into next-generation KVM extenders
Lici® (Lightweight Image Coding technology)
The Draco ultra DP is the first ever KVM extender that uses Lici®, Fraunhofer IIS‘ Lightweight Image Coding technology. Lici® ensures brilliant image quality at the highest video resolutions with outstanding color accuracy.
The Draco ultra DP extenders are offered in single or redundant path variants. Redundant data links increase system resilience, prevent system failures and can also be used for duplicating signals.
Vario module units for custom build units
The Draco 490 Displayport Ultra DP extender family is designed around a modular concept that lets you build an extender system to fit your specific needs. Frame options include redundant power and rack mount kits. Daughter card styles include a wide range of features and flexibility to support practically any combination of video and data transports.
Select Daughter cards to support USB 2.0, Analog Audio, RS-232 or RS-422. IHSE USA offers the Build-Your-Own Vario configuration software to make is easy to build the system you need. All main board styles support USB-HID for keyboard and mouse operations.
Functional Diagram: DisplayPort / USB-HID extended over fiber optics
Key Features and Benefits
- Operation of CPUs from a remote workstation with a DisplayPort monitor and USB HID devices
- Transmission of fully-digital video signals up to 4K DCI (4096 x 2160) and UHD (3840 x 2160)
- New lossless video codec (visually), no frame drops, full color depth, 20 bit (True Color) 4:4:4
- PCM audio format can be transferred via the DisplayPort interface (up to 96 kHz)
- Transmission of monitor EDID information by hotkey; including permanent storage in the CPU Unit
- Embedded mode for lower video resolutions allows instant switching via Draco tera
- Optional: Redundant data link for 24/7 availability
- Compatible* with all:
- major operating systems
- chassis of the Draco vario series
- IHSE Draco KVM matrix switches with XV interfaces
- other main modules of Draco vario ultra extenders (49x series)
- Draco vario upgrade modules for audio and data signals such as USB 2.0, balanced audio or RS232