The IHSE USA Draco vario HDMI extender series offers long distance transmission of HDMI video, USB 1.0/2.0, analog or digital audio, and RS-232 control signals over Cat-X or fiber optic cabling. Engineered for reliability and exceptional high resolution image performance, the draco vario uses IHSE USA’s optimized compression technology to deliver perfect transmission of HDMI computer video images up to 1920x1200 resolution, including 1080p/60 and 2K.
The Draco vario HDMI family is a part of the extensive vario series of Cat-X and fiber optic products from IHSE USA and is compatible with both the draco tera enterprise and draco tera compact series of KVM switch products. The HDMI vario series can be used for simple point-to-point applications or in combination with any of the enterprise or compact matrix switches to support a more flexible distribution system for HDMI signals.
Use the Draco vario HDMI extenders support cat-X, singlemode fiber as well as multimode fiber. They are perfect for large facilities such as airports or stadiums where very long distances are needed. The units can extend HDMI video signals with perfect quality up to 10km over fiber or up to 140m over cat-X cables. Images are displayed without delay, brilliantly clear and in perfect resolution quality. They provide an economical and effective means for extending HDMI with embedded multi-channel audio from HDMI equipped devices. Additionally, the vario HDMI can accept separate USB 1.0/2.0, analog or digital audio and RS-232 data. DVI-D is supported with an HDMI to DVI adapter, providing greater flexibility and options. 3D content can be displayed when a 3D source and display are connected. Audio options for the vario cards include AES/EBU and S/PDIF up to 96kHz. Unit connection options for audio include mini-XLR, RCA or TOSLINK supporting Dolby Digital, DTS and PCM.
The Draco vario HDMI extenders can be used in single or multi-head applications. Optional features such as looping HDMI connections on the CPU, redundant path for critical path requirements, and redundant power options make the vario HDMI the most convenient and economical solution available.
Available in four frame sizes, the vario series offers one of the most flexible packaging options on the market. From a basic 2 slot chassis, the same card sets can be offered in a 4-slot, 6-slot, and 21-slot frame. Each frame includes the option for redundant power in 100-220VAC or integrated 12VDC, 24VDC, or 48VDC power supply.
Key Features and Benefits
* No-delay switching times with IHSE’s Instant Switch technology
* Build extender solutions with single, dual or quad-display in the same frame
* Support for HDMI, DVI-D, USB, embedded USB, Audio, and RS-232
* Transmit HDMI plus USB, audio and control up to 400 feet (140 meters) over a single cat-X cable.
* Transmit HDMI plus USB, audio and control up to 32,800 feet (10 kilometers) over a single fiber optic cable
* HDMI connectors include captive screw connectors for secure cable mounting
* Buffered HDMI input looping connection on CPU unit for local preview
* Local HDMI input on CON unit for local CPU preview (software over-ride)
* Supports computer video to 1920x1200, including HDTV 1080p/60 deep color and 2K (HDMI 1.4a)
* Audio Return Channel (ARC) support with audio embedding or de-embedding- connect HDMI sources to DVI & digital audio destinations or embed digital audio and DVI video sources for HDMI outputs.
* Pick the right USB port requirements from either USB-HID, USB 2.0 High Speed, or USB 2.0 embedded – get maximum USB functionality with USB 2.0 up to 480 Mbit, or for secure locations just select USB-HID for keyboard mouse only.
* RS-232/RS-422 for control signals up to 115.2 kBaud
* Compatible with CAT5e, CAT6 and CAT7 twisted pair cable using RJ-45 connections
* Accepts digital audio or analog audio as separate feeds
* PCM audio can be transmitted with sample rates up to 96kHz via the HDMI interface
* Supports EDID and DDC data for sink/source acknowledgement
* Integrated setting for unit configuration include:
Disable DDC transmission to protect current video mode
Disable HDI transmission to protect current USB-HID
Set compression rates to maximize customer requirements for video transport
Set frame allows a snap-shot image for location marks during CPU backup
Hold Picture allows users to show last image before video link loss
* Simple keyboard commands (hotkeys) for transmission of remotely connected monitor’s DDC information.
* LED indicators for signal presence and power
* Energy efficient power supply
Space, power and cost savings
* Select options for Cat-X, Fiber or a combination or both
* Redundant power option available
* Compact size for areas where rack space is limited
* Redundant path options for mission critical environments
Ideal for small to mid-range workstations
* Simplified cable management
* High density fiber allows efficient cabling and long distance interconnects
Ultra efficient design
* Compatible with all K474 Draco vario extender and chassis series