The IHSE USA vario 474 series of extenders offer long distance transmission of DVI-I, DVI-D, USB-HID, USB 1.0/2.0, analog or digital audio and RS-232 or RS-422 control signals over Cat-X or fiber optic cabling. Engineered for reliability and exceptional ultra-high resolution image performance, the 474 series uses IHSE’s optimized compression technology to deliver perfect transmission of 24-bit digital video to 2048x1152 @ 60Hz (including 1920x1200 and 1080p video transports). These extenders provide virtually lossless image quality.
The series 474 family is a part of the extensive vario series of Cat-X and fiber optic products from IHSE and is compatible with both the draco tera enterprise and draco tera compact series of KVM matrix switch products. They can be used for simple point-to-point applications or in combination with any of the enterprise or compact matrix switches to support a more flexible distribution system for KVM or Video distribution. This makes them perfect for installations that require long distance digital video transmission and reliable presentation of high resolution graphics, including training, simulation, visualization and command and control environments in medical, educational, government, aerospace, oil & petroleum and post production.
The units can extend DVI video signals with perfect quality up to 10km over fiber or up to 140m over cat-X cables. Images are displayed without delay, brilliantly clear and in perfect resolution quality. Additionally, the vario series 474 can accept separate USB 1.0/2.0, analog or digital audio and RS-232 data. Audio options for the vario cards include AES/EBU and S/PDIF up to 96kHz. Unit connection options for audio include mini-XLR, RCA or TOSLINK supporting Dolby Digital, DTS and PCM.
Optional features such as redundant path for critical path requirements and redundant power options make the series 474 the most convenient and economical solution available. Available in four frame sizes, the series 474 offers one of the most flexible packaging options on the market. From a basic 2 slot chassis, the same card sets can be offered in a 4-slot, 6-slot, and 21-slot frame. Each frame includes the option for redundant power in 100-220VAC or integrated 12VDC, 24VDC, or 48VDC power supply.
Key Features and Benefits
* Support for DVI-D, DVI-I, USB, Audio, and RS-232
* Optional dual-head or quad-head for multi-monitor workstations
* Virtually lossless image quality with IHSE’s X-SPEED technology
* Select the right features for your specific needs – order units pre-assembled with basic KVM features or customize you signal requirements with the widest range of free-style plug-in cards to fit a variety of chassis sizes.
* Transmit DVI plus USB, audio and control up to 400 feet (140 meters) over a single cat-X cable.
* Transmit DVI plus USB, audio and control up to 32,800 feet (10 kilometers) over a single fiber optic cable
* Computer video up to 1920x1200 or 2K video displays
* Pick the right USB port requirements from either USB-HID, USB 2.0 High Speed, or USB 2.0 embedded – get maximum USB functionality with USB 2.0 up to 480 Mbit, or for secure locations just select USB-HID for keyboard mouse only.
* RS-232/RS-422 for control signals up to 115.2 kBaud
* Compatible with CAT5e, CAT6 and CAT7 twisted pair cable using RJ-45 connections
* Optional fiber using LC connections
* PCM audio can be transmitted with sample rates up to 96kHz
* Supports EDID and DDC data for sink/source acknowledgement
* Integrated setting for unit configuration include:
Disable DDC transmission to protect current video mode
Disable HDI transmission to protect current USB-HID
Set compression rates to maximize customer requirements for video transport
Set frame allows a snap-shot image for location marks during CPU backup
Hold Picture allows users to show last image before video link loss
* Simple keyboard commands (hotkeys) for transmission of remotely connected monitor’s DDC information.
* LED indicators for signal presence and power
* Energy efficient power supply
Get the best in space, power and cost savings
* Redundant power option available
* Compact size for areas where rack space is limited
* Redundant path options for mission critical environments
* easily locate CPU’s in protected areas to isolate valuable equipment against dust, water and vibration
* Avoid theft and unauthorized access by locating CPU’s in locked server rooms
* Reduce workspace clutter by linking multiple displays to a single keyboard and mouse system
* Reduce energy consumption by locating CPU’s in a centralized location
* Reduce noise pollution by moving CPU’s away from the users workspace